Five ways to help you enhance your Social Media Marketing

Choosing the right channel to promote one’s business is a big challenge in the digital age, with social media acting as an essential business tool. The question is, what other things can you do aside from updating your status? 

Social media has contributed businesses not only to cut down on customer service costs but also to cut corners in their marketing efforts. For you to get the most out of social media, you require to evaluate which tools work best in our industry, how much of your time and effort a social media project is value, and how to put on common best practices. These are five ways to help you enhance your social media marketing.

Choosing the right platform

Since the net offers a buffet of free, easy-to-use platforms, it is appealing to sign up for all of them. Without due farsightedness, however, you might find yourself handling more accounts than you have time for.
Ask these questions to yourself before choosing which platform to use:

  • Who is my target customers and what platforms do they use?
  • What do I expect to gain by opening a social media account?
  • What type of content do I want to share and create?
  • How much time can I invest in social media management?

Investing more time in fewer platforms benefits you monitor the more important areas of your business.

Know when to update

Are most of your customers online at 9:00 am or 9:00 pm? With a better understanding of your target users’ behaviors, you can schedule your posts accordingly so they create more traffic, increase brand engagement and, ultimately, generate new leads and customers.
Although the best time to post content depends on your industry, location, and other factors, these are the most successful times on average:

  • Facebook: 1:00 pm-3:00 pm on Thursday and Friday
  • Twitter: 3:00 pm-8:00 pm, Monday to Friday for B2B and Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday for B2C organizations
  • YouTube: 12:00 pm-3:00 pm, Thursday to Sunday
  • LinkedIn: 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday to Friday

Engage with your followers

It is very important for businesses to engage with your followers to maintain a healthy back-and-forth on social media. This means beyond sharing useful and related content, you should also respond to their comments, queries and private messages as quickly as possible. You can build stronger and healthy relationships with customers by writing thank you comments to anyone who shared positive experiences with your business and by addressing negative comments with personalized and helpful responses.

Use attractive, professional-looking visuals

One of the simple and effective ways to get followers to share your posts is by uploading high-quality photos, videos, and infographics along with your messages. Previous studies have shown that Facebook posts with images result in 40% more engagement, while tweets with images or videos create 200% more engagement.

Slow down on promotional materials

Although social media is a treasured tool, it is important not to muddy the waters with too many promotional posts and Ads. A rule of thumb for social media promotions is that 80% of your posts should be useful, shareable and interactive content, and rest remaining 20% should be about your business. This will outcome in more engagement, a more consistent brand image, and a healthier bottom line.

Social media can support your business to succeed, but only if it is used correctly and effectively. If you are interested in finding and adopting the right social media platform to increase engagement and create a stronger brand reputation, contact us today and we’ll help you get started.

Managed
IT Services

Further Reading

Tips for extending your laptop’s battery life

It’s hard to get any work done with your laptop notifying you that it’s running out of juice.…

Five ways to help you enhance your Social Media Marketing

Choosing the right channel to promote one’s business is a big challenge in the digital age, with social…

How to protect your iPhone from phishers

If you believe your iPhone is safe from phishers, think again. Hackers are getting smarter day by day,…

Bitcoins email scam tries to trick users into handing over thousands in cryptocurrency

Emails asserting to be from international Bitcoin trading service LocalBitcoins have hit email inboxes all over the world,…
All articles loaded
No more articles to load