At Reliable Computers, we use a vast array of applications to better understand the root casues of your IT needs. Many of these tools are free to use but require the knowledge on when to use them depending on each situation.
The tools we use include but are not limited to:
- Team Viewer: With TeamViewer you can remotely control any computer as if you were sitting right in front of it – even through firewalls. All your partner has to do is start a small application, which does not even require installation or administrative rights.
- Anti-Virus software: is used to prevent, detect, and remove malware, including but not limited to computer viruses, computer worm, trojan horses, spyware and adware. This page talks about the software used for the prevention and removal of such threats, rather than computer security implemented by software methods.
- WHOIS?: (pronounced as the phrase who is) is a query and response protocol that is widely used for querying databases that store the registered users or assignees of an Internet resource, such as a domain name, an IP address block, or an autonomous system, but is also used for a wider range of other information. The protocol stores and delivers database content in a human-readable format.
- Speed-Test: is a free broadband connection analysis website founded by Ookla Net Metrics in 2006. The company is based in Kalispell, Montana. Users can test their internet speed against hundreds of geographically dispersed servers around the world. At the end of each test, users are presented with their download (the speed of data from the server to your computer) and upload (the speed of sending data from your computer to the server) bandwidth speeds. The tests are performed completely within your web browser over HTTP (just like normal web browsing). Since its inception, over 2.4 billion speed tests have been conducted on Speedtest.net.
- Whats my IP?: Our visitors need to know their IP address for many reasons including gaming, tech support, remote desktop connection, proxy detection, anonymity, to see if their address has changed, or if they’re running their own email server. If you need to run your own email server or web server, it would be best to have a static IP address.
- Reminder Program: We at Reliable Computers have endeavoured to ensure that you the customer will be able to book for an appointment to ensure that we service your computer needs as best as we can. To wit, we have created the Reliable Computers Reminder Program, that let you contact us via your internet connection.
If you need any further information feel free to contact us by clicking here.