- You must be running Anti-Virus Software that hasn’t expired, updates itself regularly and scans your computer for viruses weekly.
- Extremely important to protect you from unauthorized programs downloaded from the internet without your knowledge
- Helps you filter Junk Mail
- We can recommend an Internet Security Suite that contains Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Spam, Link Scanner, and Personal Firewall & Parental Controls.
4. Windows Updates
- Please run Windows Update to download the latest enhancements and security updates for your Windows Operating System. You can run Windows Updates by going to Start -> All Programs -> Windows Update
- Always backup your important files on a regular basis onto an external media, don’t trust your hard drive, it can fail any-time!
6. Disk Clean-up
- Run Disk Clean-up once a month to delete unnecessary files. You can find it under Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools
7. Disk Defragmenter
- Run Disk Defragmenter once a month to organize your files better and improve performance. You can find it under Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools
8. Keep it Clean
- Always keep your computer dust free: inside & out to avoid the CPU, Power Supply and Case fans being clogged. Use an Air-Compressor inside every 6 months
9. Hardware Upgrades
- As technology improves, new software requires a faster computer to run effectively. The speed of any old computer can easily be increased by updating the Memory, hard disk or the CPU
- If you notice even a minor problem with your computer, call your technician immediately. It is much more cost-effective to fix a minor problem straight away, rather than waiting for the problems to add-up, requiring a major over-haul of your computer